The Technoclast on Facebook - The latest local Technology and Mobile news
[Advertisement]
Home | LinkShare | Forums | Lyrics | Members | Shop | Arcade
Username   Password       Not yet a member? then register here! | Forgot Password?

Zendfile.com
Fast and simple free file hosting
Upload up to 100Mb per file.

Edit Thread Delete Thread
TDP Forums

Philippines
  |- National Issues
       |- Emilio Aguinaldo, political idol

his legacy
Page  1  2   >> 
Post Reply New Thread

DPhp earned : 100%
Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am    
JuanaTomasa

Forum Superstar

Level 46
DPhp 651.7K
Credibility : 100.0%
Warning Bar:
Emilio Aguinaldo was a general, politician and an independence leader,supposedly. Every filipino is dismayed at the current state of the country brought about by the incessant quarreling of our leaders and politicians. You will be appalled by knowing this isnt a new thing for the country, you only need to read about Aguinaldo and youll realized the country was bugged down by such things even before the birth of the first republic in asia. Aguinaldo loves power, he shifted sides when it suited his goal. He heeded the advice of americans during the war in manila headed by Antonio Luna which proves to be fatal for the cause of independence. he receives indemnity cash from the US government in exchange for not participating in the war. He worked for the Japanese pleading on air[radio]to McArthur to stop the war. the philippines have a lot of Aguinaldo's existing today.

The Katipunan and Bonifacio
- it is well known that Andres Bonifacio was the supreme leader of the KKK. Recent studies concluded that the KKK was not simply a secret society whose aim was arms revolt but was the countries very first government, a revolutionary government. It has it laws and appointed leaders as expected of a government. Contrary to the belief that Bonifacio was illiterate, Andres was an ilustrado who was self-educated. He was killed on the orders of Aguinaldo because of being convicted of treason. The Supremo, of treason. read about the tejeros convention and youll know why. Aguinaldo eliminated a rival to power.
Antonio Luna
- Here's what an american general have to say about him: "The Filipinos had only one general, and they have killed him."
you guess right, Aguinaldo did. Another rival to power, Luna was a great general who studied military tactics abroad. the loses he suffered was due to caviteño's not obeying his commands to attack, saying they will only follow orders from, guess who? Aguinaldo. read more about antonio luna.

One of the traits filipinos have the proves to be a great hindrance the countries success is regionalism. the same thing proved to be fatal during the aguinaldo-bonifacio affair. Manileño's against Caviteños. Same was true in Antonio Luna's case. the filipinos disunity is the problem.

-----
Scientia est lux lucis

Aug 19, 2009 10:58 am    
mervsville

Forum Fanatic

Level 37
DPhp 355.5K
Credibility : 91.9%
Death Note
Warning Bar:
Agree with you JuanaTomasa...Aguinaldo is the typical filipino politician..shifting sides to suit his/her political ambition..

Yes he is responsible for the death of Bonifacio and Antonio Luna which are far better than him.

-----
Matthew 24:14

Votes : 0. Rating : 5.00.
Aug 19, 2009 12:07 pm    
LeAnDr0

Forum Fanatic

Level 41
DPhp 537.2K
Credibility : 87.6%
Milk
Fresh Milk
Ah, si Aguinaldo ba? Yung nagpa-rape sa kabit ni Bonifacio - Gregoria de Jesus?

He ordered Bonifacio killed, no he terminated Bonifacio coz after the elections where Aguinaldo supposedly won, Bonifacio went to Indang, Cavite proclaiming himself the victor, yelling "Haring Bayan". Aguinaldo got pissed, and Glocked Bonifacio atapang-atao.

The book "Emilio Aguinaldo: by Alfredo Saulo" is a nice read. The master politician was also a master gangsta.

-----
"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Aug 19, 2009 01:10 pm    
Yayay

Forum Superstar

Level 65
DPhp 1.2M
SanMig Pale Pilsen
Warning Bar:
Hmmm, kahit pala noong unang panahaon pa ganoon na kalakaran sa pulitika, no wonder kung bakit ganoon din ang mga nanunungkulan sa gobyerno natin ngayon... History repeat itself nga naman.
Aug 19, 2009 02:32 pm   Edited : Aug 20, 2009 07:46 am    
JuanaTomasa

Forum Superstar

Level 46
DPhp 651.7K
Warning Bar:
are these things taught in the schools?

-----
Scientia est lux lucis

Aug 19, 2009 02:59 pm    
dark_horse

Forum Superstar

Level 54
DPhp 13.3M
You can put your picture here. Uploaded picture will be selectable as your avatar.
Warning Bar:
dito yata nakuha ni mckoy style niya hehe kamay na bakal

-----
"Kaya hindi umuunlad ang bansa dahil sa Double Standard at pagiging Bias"

Aug 19, 2009 03:15 pm    
JoePringGay

Legendary Member

Level 66
DPhp 1.7M
Axe
Simple axe
ATK + 17
Warning Bar:
isa sa pinakasikat na national hero natin ito, lalo na pag magpapasko... hehehe

naging 1st president natin ito pagkatapos sipain ng KKK ang mga espanyol, (sa tulong din ng mga amerikano) cya rin nag deklara ng june 12 as our independence day. Nang nalaman na binenta pala tayo ng mga espanyol sa halagang 20 milyon US dollars, dun nya kinalaban ang mga kano at namundok.
Aug 19, 2009 03:15 pm    
r0nin8

Forum Addict

Level 29
DPhp 127.6K
Credibility : 85.3%
Yosi
Cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health
Aguinaldo was a typical politician indeed. Bonifacio composed poems, how can he be illiterate? I think Bonifacio would have been a better president. He was a real hero with great dedication. I was so sad when I learned back in school days that it was Aguinaldo who ordered his death. What an asshole.

It shows how Filipino prefer celebrity-like leaders (Aguinaldo was young and from a prominent family while Bonifacio used to sell baston and abaniko and was poor). It's still apparent nowadays when people vote for actors/boxer because of their popularity and not because of their intention to serve the public. Talk about a fucked-up country. Geeze.

-----
My mediocrity is average... hahaha...

Aug 19, 2009 08:15 pm   Edited : Aug 19, 2009 08:19 pm    
kanse

Forum Superstar

Level 41
DPhp 326.7K
Warning Bar:
parang FPJ and RR ang history ni Bonifacio at Aguinaldo ah? "SAYO ANG CAVITE, AKIN ANG MAYNILA" hehehe.,

@juana
yup.,. kaso you will not know what is the truth unless you research some more. I dont know about the education system but there's no consistency in the lessons.

-----
"I know I'm not one of your favorites, and I'm not welcomed in your house, but I could use a little attention, please."
- John Constantine

Aug 20, 2009 07:56 am    
JuanaTomasa

Forum Superstar

Level 46
DPhp 651.7K
Warning Bar:
i once had a conversation with a dean, i remember him saying what is taught in the country is what the americans want. and i believed him.
you have Jose Rizal considered as a national hero, from a well to do family and was at the sidelines during the actual revolution. while in the shadows you have the likes of Gen. Luna, Sakay, and Bonifacio who "fought" for freedom and against oppression. what more is that Bonifacio died at the hands of his own people, thats martyrdom to the nth degree. of course the americans wouldnt want kids to idolize the likes of bonifacio.
filipino's think white is beautiful and that everything american is great. when americans themselves thinks their country is fukked up.
filipinos thank the US for saving them from the japs when it was them who first raped manila. and left the country to the japs to save some other continent.

-----
Scientia est lux lucis

Aug 20, 2009 09:41 am    
mervsville

Forum Fanatic

Level 37
DPhp 355.5K
Death Note
Warning Bar:
so you're all saying that we are fucked up country.. i might agree with this... our problems are deeply rooted in our culture, in our filipino veins...

-----

Aug 20, 2009 11:35 am    
JoePringGay

Legendary Member

Level 66
DPhp 1.7M
Axe
Simple axe
ATK + 17
Warning Bar:
for now i might say yes!... lets put it this way, kelan lang ba talaga tayo naging independent?, i say nuong 1992 lang, after those US bases left for good, and not on june 12 1898 na dineclare ni agunaldo. After kasi nyan marami pang eksena ang pamahalaan ng amerika sa ating bansa, kaya ang mahal nating bayan ay naghihirap pa din.
Aug 20, 2009 01:47 pm    
JuanaTomasa

Forum Superstar

Level 46
DPhp 651.7K
Warning Bar:
^^ having said that, i dont really believe the country is independent from US after 1898 or even after 1992. the dictator was ousted because the US dropped its support to his government. then again, the philippines is not alone in this predicament. US made Japan to continue importing US beef even if its possibly contaminated with mad cow.
there ALWAYS are strings attached when the government borrows money from other countries. and the philippines having debts up to its neck, surely there are strings they could pull. ever wonder why eventhough the country is capable of producing vegies, rice, sugar and every other resource, we still import a whole lot of it from other countries? the government can put more funds to agriculture, and the country have vast lands to till and sooo many idle hands, its highly possible we can produce what we need BUT we still import stuffs. contracts. contracts. and just like aguinaldo, even if the goddamn contracts puts the country in the disadvantage, since it suits their personal goals and gains from it, they go ahead.

-----
Scientia est lux lucis

Aug 20, 2009 03:22 pm    
mervsville

Forum Fanatic

Level 37
DPhp 355.5K
Death Note
Warning Bar:
so the word aguinaldo doesnt have to mean receiving good thing...
but it is a fact that US has the upper hand in everything especially it is the only superpower left now.

-----

Aug 21, 2009 09:16 am    
wulvie

Forum Addict

Level 43
DPhp 542.4K
Credibility : 84.8%
Crystal Rose
High Value
di talaga ako nabilib kay aguinaldo, ever!! narinig niyo na yung kasabihan na matagal daw mamatay ang isang masamang damo? but when did aguinaldo die? i think it was during the macapagal administration at the age of 94... hahaha... wala lang...

mas idol ko pa si bonifacio... alam niyang marami siyang pagkukulang academically, kaya he tries so hard to make up for that one...

-----
"そのままが一番。"
Hey! Say! 7 の山田涼介。

Back to top | Page  1  2   >>   

Recent Posts

New Threads

Popular Threads

2 members online : michaelian and thecoffeeprince312.
162 guests online.

etc

Free File Hosting - 100Mb
eXTReMe Tracker

All Rights Reserved © 2004-2009, The Digital Pinoy / Byte Alchemy. Please contact me thru admin [at] thedigitalpinoy (dot) com for site and advertising inquiries.